Mahmoud Ahmad Mahmoud - Assistant Professor, School of Business & Entrepreneurship
Mahmoud holds a Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship and MSc in Management from Universiti Utara Malaysia, the Eminent Management University of Malaysia (AACSB Accredited).
He moved to AUN from Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano (Formerly, Northwest University Kano) where he works as a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship and Business Administration. At Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Mahmoud served in different capacities including the position of Secretary for the 5th Annual faculty conference committee and the Secretary for Postgraduate Program Development committee which led to the creation of Ph.D. Management, MSc. Management, MBA, and PGDM programs.
Mahmoud has a strong background in Entrepreneurship research and SME performance. He published in reputable journals that are indexed in Scopus Q1, Q2, and Q3 mostly published by Emerald group. He presented research papers in international conferences across six countries including Dubai UAE, Penang Malaysia, Bandung Indonesia, Lahore Pakistan, Addis Ababa Ethiopia, and Kano Nigeria.
ENT 325 Social Entrepreneurship
ENT 101 Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Mahmoud*, M.A., Ahmad S.B. & Poespowidjojo, D.A.L (2021). Psychological safety and individual performance: the mediating effect of intrapreneurial behavior. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. Ahead of Print. Published by Emerald. SCOPUS Q1.
- Mahmoud*, M.A., Ahmad S.B. & Poespowidjojo, D.A.L (2021). Psychological empowerment and individual performance: the mediating effect of intrapreneurial behavior. European Journal of Innovation Management, Vol. Ahead of Print. Published by Emerald. SCOPUS Q2.
- Mahmoud*, M.A., Ahmad S.B. & Poespowidjojo, D.A.L (2020). Intrapreneurial behavior, big five personality and individual performance. Management Research Review, Vol. Ahead of Print. Published by Emerald. SCOPUS Q2.
- Mahmoud*, M.A., Garba, A.S., Abdullah, Y.A. & Ali, I.A. (2020). Assessment of entrepreneurship education on the relationship between attitude, subjective norms, perceived behavioural control and entrepreneurial intention. International Journal of Business and Technopreneurship, 10(2), 197-210. Published by Universiti Malaysia Perlis.
- Mahmoud*, M.A. & Garba, A.S. (2019). Factors Influencing Entrepreneurial Intention of University Students in Nigeria. Covenant Journal of Entrepreneurship 3(2), 1-14. Published by Covenant University Nigeria.
- Garba*, A.S., Kabir, I., & Mahmoud, M.A. (2019). Entrepreneurial Orientation and Growth Potential of Microenterprises in Northwest, Nigeria. Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, 24(02), 1950011-20. SCOPUS Q3.
- Garba*, A.S., Kabir, I., & Mahmoud, M.A. (2019). Growth Potentials of Microenterprises in Urban and Rural Areas of Northwest Nigeria. Unilag Journal of Business 5(2), 1-11.
*= Lead Author