Entrepreneurship & Management
School of Business & Entrepreneurship
New venture creation is the heart of business. The philosophy of the Bachelor of Sciences in Entrepreneurship & Management at the American University of Nigeria is to create, in our students, an awareness of the foremost theories in business venturing, and equip graduates of program with the mindset and tools required to effectively identify and exploit business opportunities in any business environment.
This program is unique in Nigeria because its pedagogy is built on a blend of perspectives from multiple inter and intra national multicultural business environments, with an emphasis on local contexts.
Students will learn through experiences in the traditional classroom setting, as well as virtual learning environments, case studies, and business simulations. They also gain invaluable practical experience, running a real business, in our one-of-a-kind flagship course, where students form teams to come up with original business ideas and pitch their ideas in a competition to receive $5,000 seed money to start and successfully run a business on campus, under the guidance of professors in the business school.
A number of the businesses created have transitioned into real-world ventures outside the campus, either run by the students themselves or bought out by other individuals in the Yola community.
• ENT 325: Social Entrepreneurship (3)
• ENT 328: Innovation for a Sustainable Society (3)
• ENT 340: Entrepreneurial Sales & Marketing (3)
• ENT 430: Financing Entrepreneurial Ventures (3)
• ENT 440: Managing a Growing Business (3)
• MKT 301: Consumer Behavior (3)
• MKT 401: Marketing Strategy (3)
Additionally, at least 6 credit hours can be selected from the list below:
• ENT 320: Technology Entrepreneurship (3)
• ENT 326: Microfinance and Economic Development (3)
• ENT 345: Entrepreneurship Innovation (3)
• ENT 426: Social Entrepreneurship Research (3)
• FIN 310: Financial Statements Analysis (3)
• MGT 300: International Business (3)
• MGT 380: Project Management (3)
• BLW 302: Business Law II (3)
2019/20 Annual Tuition
Full Time: 4-year average
Visit our admissions page for full application details.
Call: +234 815 969 2478