The American University of Nigeria was licensed in 2003, in line with the provisions of the Education (National Minimum Standards and Establishment of Institutions) Act, which allowed individuals, persons and organizations other than the Federal Government to establish universities.
1. THE POSITION OF REGISTRAR
In accordance with the American University of Nigeria Bye-Law , the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University except financial matters, which fall within the jurisdiction of the Bursar.
The Registrar is the chief administrative officer of the University and the repository of University documents/records. The Registrar is an ex-officio member of the Governing Council, and the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation AND Convocation. The Registrar is a member of the University Management and Head of the University Registry.
The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources and a team player. He must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
The job demands a person who can instill confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people. The person must understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University.
The right candidate must have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University. He must enjoy good health.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants for the post of Registrar, American University of Nigeria should possess:
- A good (Honours) Degree plus fifteen (15) years post qualification relevant administrative experience in University or comparable institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level;
- Possession of relevant higher degree or postgraduate professional qualification in appropriate field(s);
- Candidate must be competent in the use of ICT for management services;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable institution;
- Membership of Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators [ANUPA] and relevant professional associations is mandatory.
2. THE POSITION OF UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
In accordance with the American University of Nigeria Bye-Laws , the University Librarian is a Principal Officer, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of ALL Library Services in the University
The University Librarian is a member of the University Management Committee. As an Academic Staff, the University Librarian will be required to provide both academic and administrative leadership to staff members in the University Library.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants for the post of University Librarian, American University of Nigeria should possess:
- D. in Library Science or related field with fifteen (15) years University experience;
- Possession of several scholarly publications, administrative experience and ability to provide academic leadership;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy University Librarian in a University or comparable institution;
- Knowledge of ICT is mandatory;
- Membership of relevant professional association is mandatory.
In consonance with the American University of Nigeria Bye-Laws , the appointment of Registrar and University Librarian is for a TERM of five  years respectively.
Candidates for the positions of Registrar and University Librarian must not be above the age of sixty-one (61) years by June 2020.
Remuneration of the Registrar or University Librarian, the American University of Nigeria is competitive, in line with the American University of Nigeria benefits, AND allowances, as may be approved by the Governing Council, the American University of Nigeria.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit formal Application for the posts of
- University Librarian
Candidates should apply with their detailed Curriculum Vitae [CV], providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place AND Date of Birth
- Nationality [if Nigerian, indicate State of Origin]
- Marital Status: Number AND Ages of Children
- Academic Qualifications [including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed]
- Professional Qualifications [copies of Certificates to be enclosed]
- Post-Graduation/Professional qualification employment
- Current Employment
- Name AND Addresses of Three  Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character and integrity
- Contact Address [including telephone numbers AND e-mail address].
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for interview with the appropriate committee of Council at a DATE that will be duly AND formally conveyed to such candidates in writing.
Secretary to the Governing Council
American University of Nigeria.