School of Business & Entrepreneurship
The overall goal of the Finance Programme is to provide students the opportunity to develop advanced professional training in Finance. Specific objectives of the Programme include providing students opportunities to participate in solving business problems through case studies and other innovative learning approaches inside and outside the classroom.
The Bachelor of Science in Finance prepares students for financial management positions in private, public and nonprofit organizations as well as careers in investment banking and analysis by offering courses in financial management, securities analysis, portfolio management, financial modeling, corporate valuation and financial strategy, financial statement analysis, bank management etc. Our graduates are well positioned to succeed in graduate school.
Through its pedagogy, the Finance Programme in the School of Business and Entrepreneurship:
- Prepares individuals in critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Prepares individuals for lifelong learning.
- Prepares individuals to deal with the issues of the micro environment of organizations such as teamwork, individual relationships, emotional intelligence, and leadership skills.
- Prepares individuals to deal with the issues of the macro environment of organizations such as organizational competitive strategies, the competitive industry and environment, and the design of organizations.
- Prepares students to deal with the challenges of the Nigerian and African environment in such a manner as to allow them to find optimum solutions to the most difficult challenges.
- Develops an understanding of the development challenges faced by Nigeria and the rest of the African continent and the role that private business plays in meeting these challenges.
- Encourages individuals to integrate information resources and technology to enable them to better deal with change in the environment.