Engr. Dr. Feyisayo Victoria Adams, the Chemical Engineering Department Coordinator is a multidisciplinary researcher and academia with vast experience in teaching and research both in South Africa and Nigeria. She has a Bachelor of Engineering degree (Hons) in Chemical Engineering, from the Federal University of Technology, Yola Nigeria, a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, and her Ph.D. (Chemistry) was obtained from the University of Johannesburg, South Africa where she worked on the synthesis and characterization of polysulfone /β-cyclodextrin polyurethane mixed matrix composite nanofiltration membrane for water treatment. Her research cut across the development, characterization, and application of materials for water/soil remediation and corrosion mitigation.
Dr. Adams has proven her relevance in her chosen field through several impressive published books, book chapters, journals, and conference proceedings and these research outputs are published in reputable journals with high impact factors. She is an Editor of the book “Engineering Innovation for Addressing Societal Challenges” (Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2021) and Co-editor of the Journal “International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa Vol. 55” (Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2021).
Dr. Adams is a member of, Peer review, and Panel interview committee of The Royal Society FLAIR Scheme from 2018 to date as well as Royal Society Newton International Fellowships. She also served as a member of a Panel interview for The African Academy of Sciences, AESA-RISE Postdoctoral Fellowship program, Nairobi Kenya in 2017. She is an Editorial Member of the International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa and has served as a member of Scientific Committee, Procedia Manufacturing 7 (2017) vii-viii, Elsevier Publisher from 2016 till 2017. She is a reviewer for the following journals: Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Assessment; Materials Today; National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa; Corrosion Engineering Science and Technology; Environmental Pollution; Results in Physics Journal; Corrosion; Journal of Science and Engineering; Journal of Membrane Science, Journal of Material Science and Engineering B, etc. and has received outstanding awards from some of these publishers for her commitment to paper review.
Doctoral Thesis Title: Polysulfone/β-cyclodextrin polyurethane mixed matrix composite nanofiltration membrane for water treatment
- Safety Training Program (STP) Fellowship: 2019, International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)/ Committee on Chemistry and Industry (COCI).
- Overall best presenter award: 2017, 1st Conference on Sustainable Material Processing and Manufacturing, South Africa.
- Elsevier recognition for outstanding contribution in reviewing, 2017, Journal of Materials Sciences and Engineering B
- Elsevier recognition for outstanding contribution in reviewing, 2017, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of the Earth
- Nanotechnology Innovation Centre (Water Research Platform) Merit award: 2010-2012, Nanotechnology Innovation Centre, South Africa.
- 3rd best oral presenter award: 2011, The Water Institute of Southern Africa (WISA) Membrane Technology Division 2nd International Conference, South Africa.
- The Postgraduate Merits Award: 2008-2009, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
Development and characterizations of materials for applications in
- Water/soil remediation
- Corrosion mitigation
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Chemical Engineering Fundamentals
- Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- College Physics II
- Momoh,V. Adams, O. Samuel, O. Bolade, P.A. Olubambi, Corrosion Prevention: The Use of Nanomaterials, Modified nanomaterials for Environmental Applications, Springer Nature, 978-3-030-85554-3, 2021.
- Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Abel Ajibesin, Temidayo Oluwagbenga Johnson, Ojo Sunday Isaac Fayomi (eds) Engineering Innovation for Addressing Societal Challenges, Transtech Publications, 2021, pp. 238.
- Feyisayo V. Adams, Abdulhafiz I. Wakaso, Michael O. Daramola, Olugbenga O. Oluwasina, Antoine F. Mulaba-Bafubiandi, Madu O. Joshua, Chikaodili Chukwuneke, Sylvester P. O’donnell. Remediation of oil contaminated water for reuse using polymeric nanocomposites, Water Engineering Modelling and Mathematic Tools, Pijush Samui, Hossein Bonakdari and Ravinesh Deo (eds), Elsevier, 2021, pp. 213-234.
- Sisanda Dlova, Olusola Olaitan Ayeleru, Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Messai A. Mamo, Peter Apata Olubambi, Recycled plastics as an alternative carbon nanotubes source by Chemical vapor deposition, International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa, 55, 207-223, 2021.
- Olumuyiwa Moses Adeyemo, Mohammed Inuwa Ja’afaru, Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Isolation, characterization, antimicrobial and other bioactivity profiles of three Streptomyces strains isolated from Lake Gerio, Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria, Bulletin of the National Research Centre, 45, 147-158, 2021.
- Sisanda Dlova, Olusola Olaitan Ayeleru, Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Messai A. Mamo, Peter Apata Olubambi, Development of multi-walled carbon nanotubes obtained from recycled plastics by single stage pyrolysis process, Materials Today: Proceedings, 38, 1170-1173, 2021.
- Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Samuel Olukayode Akinwamide, Babatunde Obadele, Peter Apata Olubambi, Comparison study on the corrosion behavior of aluminum alloys in different acidic media, Materials Today: Proceedings, 38, 040-1043, 2021.
- O. Madu, F.V. Adams, B.O. Agboola, B.D. Ikotun, I.V. Joseph, Purification of petroleum products contaminated water using modified rice husk ash filters, Materials Today: Proceeding, 38, 599-604, 2021.
- Chikaodili E. Chukwuneke, Feyisayo V. Adams, Bolade O. Agboola, Jennifer A. Tyndall, Jamiu S. Olumoh, Charles Reith, Christiana Okere, Victory F. Inyang, Evaluation of Seasonal Variation of Heavy Metal Contamination and Health Risk Assessment in Sabore Field Adamawa State, Nigeria, International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry (GEAC), (2020), https://doi.org/10.1080/03067319.2020.1814270.
- Samuel Olukayode Akinwamide, Babatunde Abiodun Obadele, Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Peter Apata Olubambi, Microstructure and corrosion response of Spark-Plasma-Sintered 304 Austenitic stainless steel reinforced with titanium nitride in chloride environment, Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11668-020-00883-0, 2020.
- Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Peter Apata Olubambi, Removal of trihalomethanes from water using nanofiltration membranes: In Emerging Carbon-Based Nanocomposites for Environmental Applications, Ajay Kumar Mishra, Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain and Shivani Bhardwaj Mishra (eds.), Wiley-Scrivener Publishers, USA, 2020, 203-212.
- Chikaodili Chukwuneke, Joshua O. Madu, Feyisayo V. Adams, Oluwagbenga T. Johnson, Application of metal oxides electrodes: In Fabrication, electrochemical characterization, and applications of modified metal oxide electrodes, Springer Nature 2020. (https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-43346-8).
- Feyisayo V. Adams, Joshua O. Madu, Tosin E. Fabunmi, Chukwuma V. Onwujiuba, Utseoritselaju Okorodudu, Bolanle D. Ikotun, Application of Ceramic Filter for Water Remediation in Ditera: In New Horizons in Wastewaters Management: Emerging Monitoring and Remediation Strategies, Elvis Fosso-Kankeu (Ed.), Nova Science Publishers Inc., 2019, pp. 257-273.
- Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Mbali Mokgatla, Abubakar Ishak, Chukwuma Valentine Onwujiuba, Pwafureino Reuel Moses, Utseoritselaju Okorodudu, Corrosion inhibitors: Effect on aluminum alloys, in Encyclopedia of Aluminum and Its Alloys, Totten, G. (Ed.), Tiryakioglu, M. (Ed.), Kessler, O. (Ed.), Two-Volume Set (Print). Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2019, pp. 400-409.
- Aliyu, M. Joshua, M.F. Yahaya, F.V. Adams, L.N. Okoro, J. Luqman, Analysis of recycled water for reuse, Journal of Physics Conference Series 1378 (2), 022052, 2019.
Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
The Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Nigeria Society of Chemical Engineers
Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria (APWEN)
South African Chemical Institute (SACI)
Water Institute of Southern Africa (WISA)