A student's personal information will only be shared with any other person within the University and/or with an external person or agency with the express consent of the student via a signed Consent form (available in the Office of the Registrar). Confidential information will be shared on a 'need to know' basis.
The following are exceptions in which prior consent from the student is not required to release confidential information: Unless the student expressly requests restriction of its release, directory information can be shared without prior consent. This includes the student’s name, address, telephone number, major, dates of attendance and degrees/awards received.
- In case of imminent and serious threat to the safety or health of the student and/or others.
- Where disclosure of the information is legally mandated.
- To prevent a criminal act.
- Where the information is disclosed to University officials who have a legitimate educational interest in the records.
- Where the information is disclosed to third parties in accordance with national and/or University regulations governing the release of such information.