Olanike S. Adelakun
MLIS, University of Ibadan;
LL.M, University of Ibadan;
Ms Adelakun specific field of scholarly engagement is private international law and she researches on women’s rights, child’s rights, gender and development studies and family law in Africa within the broader field of Family Law and Gender Studies. She is also interested in research, knowledge management and preservation, hence her degree in Library and Information science.
She is an active member of International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) and offers a number of pro bono cases in conjunction with the organization. She is also one of the coordinators of the AUN School of Law clinic which offers free legal services to the AUN community and beyond. She has collaborated on innovations in teaching and has introduced a number of innovations in teaching law. She has published several articles nationally and internationally in her area of scholarly engagement.
She is the coordinator of the AUN-UNFPA capacity building course on Gender Based Violence in Emergencies (GBVi) and was involved in the curriculum development and implementation of the pilot course in 2019.
- Legal Methods
- Law of Contract
- Family Law
- Law and Justice in Development
- International Law
- Human Rights
- Family Law
- Child’s Law
- Gender Studies
- Legal Information and Research
- Nigerian Bar Association
- International Federation of Women Lawyers African Bar Association
- Nigerian Association of Law Teachers
- International Society of Family Law
- African Consortium for Law and Religious Studies
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Society
- Law and Society Association
- Global Alliance for Justice Education
- Comparative Law Society of Nigeria
- African Network of Constitutional Lawyers
- Chartered Institute of Loan and Risk Management
- Adetoro, D.O., Adelakun, O.S. and Usman, H.S. (2018) Social Media, the Law and Freedom of Expression: Latitudes and Limits Conference Proceedings of the 51st National Association of Law Teachers (In Print).
- Adelakun, O.S. and Shaeeb, O. (2018) The Effect of Triple Talaq Invocation on the Development of Women’s Rights in Nigeria, Educor Multidisciplinary Journal Issue 1 (In Print). ISSN: 2520-4254.
- Adelakun-Odewale, O.S. and Olowu, O. (2018) Post-Conflict Peacebuilding, Integration and Development: Case for Gender Mainstreaming in the North-East Nigeria, Conference Proceedings of International Conference on Humanitarian, Public and Development law, Faculty of Law, Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nigeria (In Print).
- Adelakun-Odewale, O.S. (2018) Case Review: Union Bank of Nigeria Limited and E.B. Adebisi v. Benjamin Nwaokolo  6 NWLR (pt 400) 127 SC, Frestrich in Honour of Yusuf Ali SAN (In Print).
- Abioye, A.A. and Adelakun-Odewale, O.S. (2018) Perceived Usefulness and Behavioural Intention to use Electronic Law Information Resources by Postgraduate Law Students in South-West Nigeria, Ibadan Journal of Education Studies Vol. 15 No. 1.
- Adelakun-Odewale, O.S. (2018) Role of Clinical Legal Education in Social Justice in Nigeria, Asian Journal of Legal Education Vol. 5 No. 1, pp. 88-98 DOI: 10.1177/2322005817730148.
- Adelakun-Odewale, Olanike, (2017) Right to Inclusive Development of the Girl Child in Africa in A.C. Onuora-Oguno, W.O. Egbewole and T.E. Kleven (eds.) Education Law, Strategic Policy and Sustainable Development in Africa pp. 145-179. Palgrave Macmillan: ISBN 978-3-319-53702-3 (Print) 978-3-319-53703-0 (Online) DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-53703-0.
- Adelakun-Odewale, O. (2017) Role of Traditional Leaders in Conflict Resolution and Management in Nigeria, The Nigerian Law Journal Vol. 20 No. 2, pp. 303-314. ISSN: 0189 0255.
- Odewale, O., Shikyil, S. and Olowu, O. (2017) The Law, National Health Insurance Scheme, Ebola and Lassa Fever Outbreak and National Security, Conference Proceedings of the 50th National Association of Law Teachers pp. 553-567.
- Shikyil, S.S., Dada, F.O. and Adelakun-Odewale, O, (2017) Impact of Mining Activities on the Lives of Host Communities in Nigeria: A Study of Niger, Oyo and Plateau States of Nigeria Land and Poverty Conference 2017: Responsible Land Governance—Towards an Evidence-Based Approach http://www.worldbank.org/en/events/2016/08/22/land-and-poverty-conference-2017-responsible-land-governance-towards-an-evidence-based-approach#3.
- Adelakun-Odewale, O.S. & Ogwezzy, O.O. (2016), Access to Justice of Persons with Disabilities in Africa: The Nigerian Experience, NOUN Journal of Jurisprudence and International Law Vol. I No. 1, pp 61-84. ISSN: 2579-1354.