Narasimha R. Vajjhala
Doctorate in Information Systems and Technology, USA
Assistant Professor & Chair, Information Systems
Dr. Vajjhala has over 15 years of teaching experience teaching at different universities in different countries, including Albania, Somalia, and India. Dr. Vajjhala holds a Doctorate in Information Systems and Technology (United States); holds a Master of Business Administration with specialization in Information Systems (Switzerland), a Master of Science in Computer Applications (India), and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (India).
Dr. Vajjhala has published 2 books (monographs), 1 edited book, 9 peer-reviewed book chapters, and 30 peer-reviewed journal articles/refereed conference proceedings. He has worked for 10 years as an Assistant Professor and Program Director for the Graduate Program in Computer Science at the University of New York Tirana in Albania that was offered in association with the University of Greenwich, United Kingdom. He was awarded the Best Professor of the Year award in 2012.
He is a senior member of ACM (Association of Computer Machinery) and IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers). He is also a member of several professional associations, including Project Management Institute (PMI), Association for Information Systems (AIS), Association for Information Technology Professionals (AITP), International Association of Microsoft Certified Trainers (IAMCT), and Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
He is also a certified eCommerce consultant, having completed this course from the College of Management and IT, Dublin, Ireland. He holds several professional certifications including Project Management Professional (PMP), Oracle Certified SQL Expert, Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Sun Certified Java Professional (SJCP), Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
He holds a certificate on Effective Online Tutoring from the Department of Continuing Education, Oxford University, United Kingdom. He has taught online courses for University of Roehampton, United Kingdom at graduate level.
- INF 831 – Database Management
- INF 302 – Program Development and Implementation
- SEN 301 - Introduction to Software Engineering
- CIE 105 - Principles of Programming – I
- CIE 106 - Principles of Programming-II
- CIE 231- Introduction to Databases, Web Technologies, and Applications
- CIE 812 - E-Commerce
- CIE 912 - E-Commerce
- ICT 602 - Web Application Development and E-Commerce
- CSC 804 - Software Engineering Principles and Practices
- .NET (Windows and Web Application Development Workshops) (Every Friday)
- Big Data Analytics
- Technology Acceptance
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Knowledge Sharing & Impact of Culture
- Knowledge Sharing in Small & Medium Scale Enterprises in Eastern Europe
- Management of Information Systems
- eCommerce & eBusiness
- Online Consumer Behavior
- Senior Member of ACM - Association for Computing Machinery (since 2012). (http://awards.acm.org/homepage.cfm?awd=159 )
- Senior Member of IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (since 2016)
- Member of PMI – Project Management Institute
- Member of AIS – Association for Information Systems
- Member of AITP – Association for Information Technology Professionals
- Member of IAMCT – International Association of Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Member of ISACA – ISACA Academic Advocate
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management (IJRCM). http://www.irma-international.org/journal/international-journal-risk-contingency-management/53135/
- Editorial Board Member - Journal for Information Systems Education
- Technical Editor for International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology and Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences (http://www.aicitglobal.org/ijact/home/editorial.html?jname=IJACT )
- Associate Editor for SCICON: The International Association of Science & Engineering Congress (http://www.scicon.org/colleagues.html )
- Associate Editor for Lecture Notes in Information Science and Technology journal, LNIST, ISSN 2304-9944, Open Research and Science Library (http://www.orslib.org/lnist/editorialboard.html).
- Member of Advisory Board for Journal of Information Systems and Communication (http://www.bioinfopublication.org/journal.php?opt=azjou&jouid=BPJ0000271&detail=editorial )
- Reviewer for International Journal of Social Network Mining.
- Reviewer for International Journal of Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Corporate Social Responsibility (IJSECSR)
- Reviewer for Scientia Agriculturae Bohemica
- Reviewer for Journal of New Mathematics and Natural Computation
BOOKS – EDITED
- Strang, K.D., Kostranje, M.E., & Vajjhala, N.R. (2018), Research, Practices, and Innovations in Global Risk and Contingency Management. IGI Publications. Link: https://www.igi-global.com/book/research-practices-innovations-global-risk/185476
BOOK – MONOGRAPH
- Vajjhala, N.R., (2014), Cultural Factors and Knowledge Sharing in SMEs. Scholars’ Press, ISBN: 978-3-639-71841-6, June 2014. Link: https://www.scholars-press.com/catalog/details//store/gb/book/978-3-639-71841-6/cultural-factors-and-knowledge-sharing-in-smes
- Vajjhala, N. R., (2012), Benchmarking IT Policies and Procedures in Universities- Case of Albanian Universities, Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN: 9783846586631, February 2012. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Benchmarking-Policies-Procedures-Universities-Albanian/dp/3846586633
PEER-REVIEWED BOOK CHAPTERS
- Vajjhala, N.R., & Strang, K.D. (2018). Sociotechnical challenges of transition economy SMEs during EU integration. In A. M. Dima & S. Hadad (Eds.), Doing Business in Europe - Economic Integration Processes, Policies, and the Business Environment. Netherlands: Springer.
- Strang, K.D., & Vajjhala, N.R. (2017). How Social Culture Impacts Young Executive Decision Making in a Context of Uncertainty. Research, Practices, and Innovations in Global Risk and Contingency Management. IGI Publications. ISBN: 978-1-5225-4754-9. https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/how-social-culture-impacts-young-executive-decision-making-in-a-context-of-uncertainty/196065
- Kostranje, M., Strang, K.D., & Vajjhala, N.R. (2017). Controversies and Future Directions in Risk and Contingency Management. Global Risk and Contingency Management Overview. Research, Practices, and Innovations in Global Risk and Contingency Management. IGI Publications. ISBN: 978-1-5225-4754-9 Call for Chapters Link https://www.igi-global.com/book/research-practices-innovations-global-risk/185476
- Strang, K.D., Vajjhala, N.R., & Kostranje, M. (2017). Global Risk and Contingency Management Overview. Research, Practices, and Innovations in Global Risk and Contingency Management. IGI Publications. ISBN: 978-1-5225-4754-9 Call for Chapters Link: https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/how-social-culture-impacts-young-executive-decision-making-in-a-context-of-uncertainty/196065
- Biba, M., Vajjhala, N. R. & Nishani, L. (2016). Visual Data Mining For Collaborative Filtering: A State-of-the-art Survey. Collaborative Filtering Using Data Mining and Analysis. 217-235. IGI Publications. ISBN: DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0489-4.ch012
- Vajjhala, N. R., (2016). Communities of Practice in Transition Economies. Organizational Knowledge Facilitation through Communities of Practice in Emerging Markets, NY: IGI Global. ISBN: 9781522500131. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0013-1. Link: http://www.igi-global.com/book/organizational-knowledge-facilitation-through-communities/141943
- Vajjhala, N. R. (2015). Constructivist Grounded Theory Applied to a Culture Study. Palgrave handbook of research design in business and management. NY: Palgrave-Macmillan. Link: http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/the-palgrave-handbook-of-research-design-in-business-and-management-kenneth-d-strang/?K=9781137379924
- Strang, K. D., Brennan, L., Vajjhala, N. R. & Hahn, J. (2015). Gaps to Address in Future Research Design Practices. Palgrave handbook of research design in business and management. NY: Palgrave-Macmillan. Link: http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/the-palgrave-handbook-of-research-design-in-business-and-management-kenneth-d-strang/?K=9781137379924
- Vajjhala, N.R., (2013), Cyber Crime, Public and International Law in a Nutshell, Saarbrücker Verlag für Rechtswissenschaften, Germany, ISBN: 978-3-86194-120-0. Link: https://www.svr-verlag.de/catalog/details//store/de/book/978-3-86194-120-0/public-and-international-law-in-a-nutshell
- Vajjhala, N.R., & Strang, K.D. (2018) Examining Internet Behavior of Young Technology-Literate Consumers in India. 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), August 16-18, New Orleans, USA. Link: https://aisel.aisnet.org/amcis2018/CultureIS/Presentations/4/
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Potluri, R., An Exploratory Study on the Efficacy of Big Data Analytics to Indian SME’s, Proceedings of International Conference of Business and Economics (ICBE 2018). Seoul, South Korea, June 24-26. ICBE Proceedings have been officially indexed in Thomson Reuters’ Web of Science - Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH). http://scholar.dkyobobook.co.kr/searchDetail.laf?barcode=4010026470747
- Vajjhala, N.R., Potluri, R., & Potluri, L. (2017). A Structural Compendium on Application of Web 3.0 Technologies in Small & Medium Enterprises in India, Proceedings of International Conference on Business and Economics (ICBE2017). Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, July 6-8, 2017. ICBE Proceedings have been officially indexed in Thomson Reuters’ Web of Science - Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH).
- Potluri, R, & Potluri, L., & Vajjhala, N.R. (2017). Determinants of Online Purchase Intention: A Study on Indian Consumers, Proceedings of International Conference on Business and Economics (ICBE2017). Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, July 6-8, 2017. ICBE Proceedings have been officially indexed in Thomson Reuters’ Web of Science - Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH).
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Thandekkattu, S.G. (2017). Barriers to adoption of e-commerce in SMEs in transition economies – Case of Albania. Proceedings of Management, Knowledge, and Learning & Technology, Innovation and Industrial Management Joint International Conference, Lublin: Poland.
- Thandekkattu, S.G. & Vajjhala, N.R. (2017). Smart mirror-network architecture based on IoT and cloud computing technology. Proceedings of Management, Knowledge, and Learning & Technology, Innovation and Industrial Management Joint International Conference, Lublin: Poland.
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Ramollari, E. (2016). Big Data using Cloud Computing - Opportunities for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Social Sciences. Dubrovnik: Croatia.
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Vucetic, J. (2016). Strategic Knowledge Management in Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises in Transition Economies – Case of Albania. Proceedings of Management, Knowledge, and Learning & Technology, Innovation and Industrial Management Joint International Conference, Timisoara: Romania. ISSN 2232-3309. ISBN 978-961-6914-16-1
- Vajjhala, N. R., Strang, K.D., & Sun, Z. (2015). Statistical modeling and visualizing open big data using a terrorism case study. Proceedings of the Open Big Data Conference, Rome: Italy. IEEE. 489-496, DOI 10.1109/FiCloud.2015.15
- Vajjhala, N. R. (2015). Cultural Influence on use of Collaborative Technologies 2.0 in Transition Economies. 7th European Conference on Intellectual Capital ECIC 2015. Technical University of Cartagena, Cartagena, Spain. April 9-10, 2015. Link: http://academic-conferences.org/ecic/ecic2015/ecic15-timetable.htm
- Vajjhala, N. R. (2014). How multiculturalism impacts a transition economy? North County Diversity Conference, State University of New York Plattsburgh at Queensbury & SUNY Adirondack, June 19-20, 2014, New York, United States of America.
- Vajjhala N. R. & Hassan M. H. (2013). Barriers to Knowledge Sharing in Medium-Sized Enterprises in Transition Economies. Active Citizenship by Knowledge Management & Innovation. Proceedings of the Management, Knowledge and Learning International Conference. Zadar. Croatia. ISBN: 978-961-6914-02-4. Link: http://www.toknowpress.net/proceedings/978-961-6914-02-4/
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Rojba, G. (2012), Alternative Approaches to Knowledge Sharing within Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, Lublin, Poland, May 2012. Proceedings published in E-Book "Competences, Synergy, and International Competitiveness
- Influence on the Technology Innovation and Industrial Management". ISBN 978-83-7784-104-4. Link: http://www.tiim2012.umcs.pl/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/TIIM_2012-Conference-Program.pdf
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Rojba, G. (2011), Role of Knowledge Sourcing in Albanian Small- and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Management Knowledge and Learning International Conference, MakeLearn 2011, Celje, Slovenia. ISBN: 978-961-92486-3-8 Link: http://www.issbs.si/press/ISBN/978-961-92486-3-8/papers/ML11-56.pdf
- Biba, M., Ballhysa, E., Vajjhala N. R. & Raju, M. (2010).A Novel Structure Refining Algorithm for Statistical-Logical Models, 2010 International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems, CISIS,l Krakow, Poland, CISIS, IEEE. P. 116-123. Link: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/csdl/doi/10.1109/CISIS.2010.86
- Potluri, R.M. & Vajjhala, N.R. (2018). A Study of Application of Web 3.0 Technologies in Indian Small and Medium Enterprises. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics, and Business. Volume 5, No.2, pp. 73-79. KODISA. ISSN: 2288-4637. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13106/jafeb.2018.vol5.no2.73
- Losha, F., Strang, K.D., & Vajjhala, N.R. (2017). Assessing the Risk of Leveraging Technology in Small Businesses Entering the European Union. International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management. Volume 6, Issue 4. IGI Publishers. ISSN: 2160-9624. DOI: 10.4018/IJRCM.2017100104. Link: https://www.igi-global.com/article/assessing-the-risk-of-leveraging-technology-in-small-businesses-entering-the-european-union/188682
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Thandekkattu, S.G. (2017). Potential and Barriers to Adoption of B2B E-Commerce in SMEs in Transition Economies: Case of Albania. Management. Volume 12, Issue 2. ISSN 1854-4231. Link: http://www.fm-kp.si/zalozba/ISSN/1854-4231/12_2.htm
- Strang, K.D. & Vajjhala, N.R. (2017). End user acceptance of enterprise technology: Which factors impact the behavior and outcome of young business people. Journal of Organizational and End User Computing (JOEUC). Vol. 29, Issue 3. Impact Factor (Thomson Reuters): 0.455. Link:
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Strang, K.D. (2017). Measuring Organizational-Fit through Socio-Cultural Behavior Big Data. Special Issue - Big Data Analytics and Intelligence. Journal of New Mathematics & Natural Computation. Vol. 13, No. 2, 1-14, DOI: 10.1142/S1793005717002983.
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Ramollari, E. (2016), Big Data using cloud computing - Opportunities for small-and medium-sized enterprises. European Journal of Economics and Business Studies. 4(1). 129-137.
- Strang, K.D. & Vajjhala, N. R. (2015). Impact of socialized uncertainty on group decision making: An experiment with emerging executives. International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management. Volume 4, Issue 2. IGI Publishers. ISSN: 2160-9624. Link: http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-risk-contingency-management/53135
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Baghurst, T. (2015). Influence of Cultural Factors on Knowledge Sharing in Medium-Sized Enterprises within Transition Economies. International Journal of Knowledge
- Management Studies, Volume 6, Issue 1. Inderscience Publishers. ISSN: 1743-8268. Link: http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijkms
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Strang, KD. (2014). Collaboration strategies for a transition economy: Measuring culture in Albania. International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, Volume 21 Issue 1. Emerald. Impact Factor: 0.882. ISSN: 1352-7606. Link: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?issn=1352-7606
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Vucetic, J. (2013). Key Barriers to Knowledge Sharing in Medium-Sized Enterprises in Transition Economies. International Journal of Business and Social Sciences, Volume 14, Issue 14. P. 90-98. ISSN: 2219-1933.
- Vajjhala N. R., Raju M & Rawat M. (2010). Cyber Ethics in Developing Countries: The Case of Albania. Journal of International Scientific Publications: Economy & Business, Volume 4 Issue 2, Issue Year: 2010. P. 4-13. ISSN: 1313-2555. Link: http://www.science-journals.eu/economy/4/ISP-EB-4-1.swf
- Vajjhala N. R. & Ballhysa E. (2009). Interrelation between Albania’s Emerging Economy and Enterprise Multi-Tier Applications. Journal of International Scientific Publications: Economy & Business, Volume 4 Issue 1, Issue Year: 2009. P. 95-103. ISSN: 1313-2555.
- Vajjhala N. R. (2007). 3D Graphics Tools for Java. Computer Graphics and Geometry Journal, Vol. 9 Issue 2, P. 64-80. Issue Year: 2007. ISSN: 1811-8992. Link: http://www.cgg-journal.com/2007-2/04.htm.
- Session Chair, International Conference on Business and Economics, ICBE 2018 at Seoul, South Korea – June 26, 2018.
- Panelist, Special Panel Session, Science, Technology, and Innovation for Business in Vietnam, International Conference on Business and Economics, ICBE 2017, University of Finance and Marketing, July 6-8 2017, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Session Chair, Knowledge Based Society and Knowledge Management, Active Citizenship by Knowledge Management & Innovation. Proceedings of the Management, Knowledge and Learning International Conference. Zadar. Croatia. May 2013. ISBN: 978-961-6914-02-4. Link: http://www.toknowpress.net/proceedings/978-961-6914-02-4/
- Vajjhala, N. R. (2012), Product Review - Microsoft Project as a Risk Management Tool, International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management, 1(2), 54-57, DOI: 10.4018/ijrcm.2012040105, ISSN 2160-9624.