Yusuf M. Dabari
Ph.D., Geology (Stratigraphy-Sedimentology), Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
Sequence Stratigraphy, Basin analysis, organic geochemistry, biostratigraphy using foraminifera and ostracod, sediments depositional environments from facies analysis and mineralization in sedimentary rocks.
Current Research ongoing
-Biostratigraphy of Marine sediments in the Upper Benue Trough using palynomorphs, foraminifera and ostracods in order to understand the age and depositional environments of the sediments.
-Petroleum prospectivity of the Yola Sub basin of the Upper Benue Trough from source rock analysis of the marine sediments, N.E. Nigeria.
-Sequence stratigraphy and the petroleum plays of sedimentary Sequences in the Yola sub basin Upper Benue Trough, N. E. Nigeria.
- Council of Mining Engineers and Geosciencetists (COMEG)
- Nigerian Association of petroleum Explorationists (NAPE)
- Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (MNGS)
- Nigerian League of Researchers (NLR)
- International Association of Hydrologists (IAH)
- Abdulkarim H.Aliyu, Y. D. Mamman, M. B. Abubakar, Babangida M. Sarki Yandoka, John Shirputda Jitong and Bukar Shettima, 2017. Paleodepositional environment and age of Kanawa Member of Pindiga Formation Gongola Sub basin, Northern Benue Trough, NE Nigeria: Sedimentological and Palynological approach. Journal of African Earth Sciences 134: 345-351
- Usman, M. B., D. Mamman, U. Abubakar, A. Suleiman and H. Hamidu, 2017. Depositional environment of the Gombe Formation in the northern Benue Trough: Using grain size parameters. Global Journal of geological Sciences Vol. 15 (1): 25-39. www.globaljournal series.com
- Haruna, I. V., J. M. Ishaku, D. Mamman, 2017. Background Geochemistry of soil in part of Gerei District, Upper Benue Trough, N. E. Nigeria. International Journal of Geosciences, 8: 888-901. http://www.scirp.org/journal/ijig
- Haruna, I. V., C. J. Dio, D. Mamman and Y. B. Valdon, 2012. Petrographic analyses of Bima Sandstone in the Upper Benue Trough, N. E, Nigeria. International Research Journal of Geology and Mining, Vol.2 (7):205-213.
- Isah Haruna, Maigari, Isa, D. Mamman and Gusikit, 2012. Trace Elements for some mine ponds in the Mining Areas of Jos and Environs, Plateau State, Nigeria. Research Paper, GRIN Verlag, Munich, Germany, Vol. No.202930. http://www.grin.com/en/e-book/202930
- Haruna, I. V., Y. B. Valdon, and D. Mamman, 2011. Uranium Prospecting in an area Around Mika, Adamawa Massif, N. E. Nigeria: A research Note. International Journal of Environmental Science, Vol. 7 (3): 105-109.
- Haruna, I. V., D. M. Orazulike, A. B. Ofulume and D. Mamman, 2011. Petrochemical and Mineralogical Constraints on the Source and Processes of Uranium Mineralisation in the Granitoids of Zing-Monkin, Adamawa Massif, NE Nigeria. Natural Resources and Research, Vol. 20 (4): 355-366.
- Mamman, Y. D., E. F. C. Dike, I. V. Haruna and A. I. Haruna, 2010. Clay mineralogy and paleodepositional environment of Late Cenomanian-Turonian sediments in the Yola Arm, Upper Benue Trough, northeastern Nigeria. Journal of Mining and Geology, Vol. 46 (1): 1-11
- Valdon, Y.B., D. Mamman, E. F. C. Dike and M. S. Chaanda, 2008.Sedimentology and Depositional Environments of the Kerri- kerri Formation at Duguri and Environs,Gongola Basin, N.E. Nigeria. Borno Journal of Geology, Vol.7 (1): 47-57.
- Valdon, Y.B., and D. Mamman, 2008. Preliminary assessment of engineering properties of rocks at Kiva Quarry, Pulka area, N. E. Nigeria. Borno Journal of Geology, Vol.7:23-28.
- Haruna, I.V.,D. M. Orazulike and D. Mamman, 2008. Environmental outlook of heavy metals content in stream sediments around Dass Bauchi State, N.E Nigeria. Journal of Technology and Development,Vol. 10: 11-20
- Haruna, I.V.,S. S. Dada and D. Mamman, 2008. Stream sediment geochemical survey of an area around Dass N.E Nigeria. Global Journal of Geological Sciences, Vol.6 (2).
- Goki, .G.,D.Mamman, N.G.Obaje, S.A.Opeloye, and M.S.Chaanda, 2007. Planktonic- Agglutinated Foraminiferal Associations in the Cretaceous Dukul Formation of the Nigerian Upper Benue Trough. Global Journal of Geological Sciences, Vol. (1&2):55-59.
- Ahmea Isah Haruna, A. S. Maigari, M. L. Tahir, D. Mamman and R. B. Gusikit, 2007. Detrital Gypsum Forms in the Nigerian (Southern) Sector of Chad Basin: A Criteria for interpretation in Nigeria’s inland basins. Research Paper, GRIN Verlag, Munich, Germany, Vol. V202931, Pp35. http://www.grin.com/en/e-book/202931
- Mamman, Y. D., E. F. C. Dike, N.G.Obaje and Y.B.Valdon, 2007. Trace fossils from theTuronian Dukul and Jessu Formations in the Yola Arm, Upper Benue Trough, Northeastern Ngeria. Journal of Mining and Geology, Vol.43 (2):187-196.
- Mamman,Y.D., D.M.Orazulike and S.T.Ndaye, 2007. The occurrence and chemical composition of gypsum at Cham in the Yola Arm of the Upper Benue Trough N. E. Ngeria. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences,13(4):563-569
- Mamman,Y.D. and N.G. Obaje, 2006. Ostracod biostratigraphy and paleoecology of the Dukul Formation in the Yola Arm of the Upper Benue Trough, N.E. Nigeria. Global Journal of Geological Sciences Vol.4(1): 39-46
- Haruna, I. V. and D. Mamman, 2005. A Brief Review of some metallogenic features of Uranium mineralisation in the Upper Benue Trough, N. E.Nigeria. Journal of Technology and Development Vol. 9:1-8.
- Obaje, N.G., S. O. Opeloye and D. Mamman, 2005. Organic geochemistry of randomly sampled shale and coal lithofacies from the upper Benue Valley in Nigeria. Nasarawa Scientifique, Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, Vol.1 (1):1-22.
- Mamman,Y.D.,I.A. Kwada and I.V.Haruna, 2005. Ostracod Paleoecology of the Dukul Formation in the Yola Arm of the Upper Benue Trough, N.E. Nigeria. Journal of Technology and Development Vol.9: 9-21.