Ph.D, Applied Chemistry, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
Assistant Professor, Applied Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Chemistry
- Electrochemistry and Corrosion Sciences
- General Chemistry
- Reservoir Engineering
- Introduction to Chemistry
- Special Topics in Chemistry: Introduction to Waste Water Treatment, Process Control and Simulation, Drilling Engineering, College Physics II, University Physics II
Water treatment and sustainability, corrosion studies and in general materials characterization and application.
- Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria
- Corporate member of The Nigerian Society of Engineers, Nigeria
- Member of South African Institute of Chemical Engineers, South Africa
- Member of South African Chemical Institute, South Africa
- Member of Water Institute of Southern Africa, South Africa
- Member European Membrane Society
- Member Institution of Chemical Engineers
- International Association of Engineers
- Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Mbali Mokgatla, Abubakar Ishak, Chukwuma Valentine Onwujiuba, Pwafureino Reuel Moses, Utseoritselaju Okorodudu, Effect of corrosion inhibitors on aluminum alloys: A review, The Encyclopedia of Aluminum and Its Alloys, Taylor and Francis, 2017 (in-press).
- A.O. Apata, F.V. Adams, The use of rice husk ash as an aggregate for foundry sand mould production, In Carbon Dioxide Management and Other Technologies, Energy Technology 2017, Editors: Zhang et al., (Eds.), Springer Netherlands, 2017, pp 453-463.
- A.S. Afolabi, A.C. Ogazi, F.V. Adams, Impact of some agro fluids on corrosion resistance of mild steel, Transactions on Engineering Technologies, Springer Netherlands, 2015, pp 431-444.
- F.V. Adams, J. Potgieter, J. Merwe. 444 and 316 stainless steels in acidic/chloride media, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2011.
- Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Alex Peter, Ifeoma V Joseph, O'donnell P Sylvester, Antoine F. Mulaba-Bafubiandi, Purification of crude oil contaminated water using fly ash/clay, Journal of Water Process Engineering, 2017 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwpe.2017.08.009).
- B. D. Ikotun, F. V. Adams, A. G. Ikotun, Application of three xanthates collectors on the recovery of nickel and pentlandite in a low grade nickel sulphide ore using optimum flotation parameters, Particulate Science and Technology,35, 462-471, 2017.
- F.V. Adams, A. Niyomugabo, O.P. Sylvester, Bioremediation of crude oil contaminated soil using agricultural waste, Procedia Manufacturing, 7, 459-464, 2017.
- F.V. Adams, F. Hategekimana, O.P. Sylvester, Crude oil contaminated water treatment: development of water filter from locally sourced materials, Procedia Manufacturing, 7, 465-471, 2017.
- Utibe J. Nkanga, Johnson A. Joseph, Feyisayo V. Adams, Obioma U. Uche, Characterization of Bitumen/Plastic Blends for Flexible Pavement Application, Procedia Manufacturing, 7, 490-496, 2017.
- Hassan K. Tajudeen, Immaculata O. Onuigbo, Simeon O. Isaac,Pwafureino Moses,Chidinma Ifekauche,Eugene Uwiringiyimana, O’donnell Sylvester, Michael Kane, Musa Neksumi, Victoria F. Adams, Bolade O. Agboola, Linus N. Okoro, Obioma Uche, Wan Jin Jahng, Synthesis of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Using Chromophores from West African Plants, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 8, 631-635, 2017
- F.V. Adams, A.F. Mulaba-Bafubiandi, Synthesis and characterization of polysulfone/clay membranes: Effect of natural clay differences, Journal of Desalination and Water Treatment, 57 (34), 15772-15781, 2016.
- E. Uwiringiyimana, O.P. Sylvester, I.V. Joseph and F.V. Adams, The effect of corrosion inhibitors on stainless steels and aluminium alloys: A review, African Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, 10 (2) 23-32, 2016.
- O.S.I. Fayomi, A.P.I. Popoola, F.V. Adams, Evolution and anticorrosion properties of Ni-Cu thin films coatings on low carbon steel, Asian Journal of Chemistry, 28:1, 129-132, 2016.
- Kholiswa Yokwana, Nozipho Gumbi, Feyisayo Adams, Sabelo Mhlanga, Edward Nxumalo, Bheki Mamba, Development of functionalized doped carbon nanotube/polysulfone nanofiltration membranes for fouling control, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 132:21, 41835, 2015, doi: 10.1002/app.41835.
- O’Donnell Sylvester, Feyisayo V. Adams and Linus N. Okoro, Impact of Biodiesel on the Corrosion of Zinc and Copper Strips, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 6:2, 546-549, 2015.
- Aminu D. Usman, Adams F. Victoria, Linus N. Okoro, Weight Loss Corrosion Study of Some Metals in Acid Medium, Journal of Advances in Chemistry, 11: 2, 3434-3440, 2015.
- F.V. Adams, A.F. Mulaba-Bafubiandi, Application of rice hull ash for turbidity removal from water, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 72-75: 73-76, 2014.
- J.H. Potgieter, J. Thomson, F.V. Adams, A.S. Afolabi, Effect of additions of Ru and Pd on the electrochemical behaviour of austenitic stainless steel in organic acids, International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 9: 6451 – 6463, 2014.
- N.M. Mbuyi, A.F. Mulaba-Bafubiandi, V. Adams. Polarization and potentiometric studies of cobalt and copper dissolution in ammonium medium. International Journal of Research in Chemical, Metallurgical and Civil Engineering, 1, 69-74, 2014.
- Kgadi A. Makgamatha A.F. Mulaba-Bafubiandi, Feyisayo V. Adams. Potentiodynamic polarisation and chronopotentiometric studies of cobalt-copper oxidised ore in sulphuric acid. International Journal of Research in Chemical, Metallurgical and Civil Engineering, 1, 54-60, 2014.
- F.V. Adams, B.D. Ikotun, D.O. Patrick, A.F. Mulaba-Bafubiandi, Characterisation of rice hull ash and its performance in turbidity removal from water, Particulate Science and Technology, 32 (4): 329-333, 2014.
- F.V. Adams, E.N. Nxumalo, R.W. Krause, E.M.V. Hoek, B.B. Mamba, Application of polysulfone/cyclodextrin mixed- matrix membranes in the removal of natural organic matter from water, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 67-69: 71-78, 2014.
- F.V. Adams, E.N. Nxumalo, R.W. Krause, E.M.V. Hoek, B.B. Mamba, The influence of solvent properties on the performance of polysulfone/β-cyclodextrin polyurethane mixed matrix membranes, Journal of Applied Polymer Science,130 (3): 2005-2014, 2013.
- F.V. Adams, D.S. Dlamini, E.N. Nxumalo, R.W. Krause, E.M. Hoek, B.B. Mamba, Solute transport and structural properties of polysulfone/β-cyclodextrin polyurethane mixed-matrix membranes, Journal of Membrane Science, 429: 58-65, 2013.
- J.H. Potgieter, F.V. Adams, N. Maledi, J. Van Der Merwe and P. A. Olubambi, Corrosion resistance of type 444 ferritic stainless steel in acidic chloride media, Journal of Chemistry and Material Science, 2: 37-48, 2012.
- F.V. Adams, E. N. Nxumalo, R. W. Krause, E. M. V. Hoek, B. B. Mamba, Preparation and characterization of polysulfone/β-cyclodextrin polyurethane composite nanofiltration membranes, Journal of Membrane Science, 405-406: 291-299, 2012.
- F.V. Adams, P.A. Olubambi, J.H. Potgieter, J. Van Der Merwe, Corrosion resistance of duplex stainless steels in selected organic acids and organic acid/chloride environments, Anti-Corrosion Methods and Materials, 57: 107-117, 2010.