MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering, University of Manchester
Instructor, Petroleum Chemistry & Engineering
Ifeoma Joseph is a licensed engineer with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN). Prior to AUN Yola, she worked for Schlumberger as a reservoir evaluation field engineer in the United States, Canada, and the Middle Eastern oilfields.
She has conducted research (with modeling) of the Upper Benue River pollution in Yola and electronic sensor design in Manchester among others.
Presently, she is a research scholar with the prestigious Schlumberger Foundation Fellowship at Manchester.
- Introduction to Chemistry
- Chemical engineering fundamentals
- Reservoir engineering
- Statics & strength of materials
- General chemistry I and II
- Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
- American Society Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Institute of Chemical Engineers (IchemE)
- Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- Ononiwu G.I., Adams F.V., Joseph I.V., Afolabi A.S. Corrosion Behaviour of Mild Steel in Biodiesel Prepared from Ghee Butter. Conference Paper, World Congress on Engineering 2015, Volume: II, London.
- Uwiringiyimana E., Sylvester O.P., Joseph I.V., Adams F.V. The effect of corrosion inhibitors on stainless steels and aluminium alloys: A review. African Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Vol. 10(2), pp. 23-32, March, 2016.
- Presentation at the IChemE September, 2016 Process Intensification Workshop in Manchester: Waste Plastics to Fuel Oils Using Waste-Derived Catalysts. Royal Society of Chemistry Award, United Kingdom.
- Adams F.V., Peter A., Joseph I.V., Sylvester O.P , and Mulaba-Bufabiandi A.F. Purification of Crude Oil Contaminated Water Using Flyash/Clay. Journal of Water Process Engineering, August, 2017.
American University of Nigeria researches:
- Enhanced bioethanol production for internal combustion engines.
- HDPE & PP waste plastics conversion to fuel oils.
- HDPE & PP waste plastics conversion to fuel oils using locally sourced catalysts.
- Phyto and mycoremediation of crude oil contaminated soil.
- Corrosion studies.
The University of Manchester researches:
- Using gas sensing equipment for trihalomethanes (THM) detection in drinking water. (This equipment is now commercial in the United Kingdom.)
- Modelling of atmospheric dispersion of radioactive pollutants – Chernobyl case study.
- Life cycle assessment (LCA): carbon footprinting of packaging (PET, PP, and LDPE); cradle-to-grave approach.
- Design of cogeneration systems (distributed and renewable energy systems).