Agboola O. Bolade
Associate Professor and Chair, Petroleum Chemistry
Bolade Agboola received B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Chemistry from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. He earned his Ph.D. in Chemistry from Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa. He then carried out post-doctoral research and co-supervised M.Sc. and Ph.D. students’ work in the Chemistry Department at the University of Pretoria. He later joined the Energy and Processes group, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), South Africa.
Dr. Agboola has published over 30 peer-reviewed articles with more than 700 citations. He reviews for many reputable Chemistry Journals, and also an external examiner for a number of graduate schools in South Africa.
- CHE 121 General Chemistry II
- CHE/PCE 310 Petroleum Science
- CHE 320 Petrochemicals and Polymers
- CHE 330 Analytical Chemistry I
- CHE 331 Instrumental Analysis
- CHE 340 Inorganic Chemistry
- CHE 341 Organometallic Chemistry and Catalysis
- CHE 490 Senior Research Project in Petroleum Science
- Electrochemistry of nanomaterials and their applications in the development of electrochemical biosensors, energy conversion and storage devices.
- Corrosion study with focus on oil pipeline corrosion chemistry and prevention.
- Waste management study: Reclamation of used lubricating oil, and Used Cooking Oil transesterification to biofuel.
- Crude oil and its fractions research: Physical and Chemical Processes.
- International Society of Electrochemistry
- American Chemical Society
- Synthesis of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Using Chromophores from West African Plants. Hassan K. Tajudeen, Immaculata O. Onuigbo, Simeon O. Isaac, Pwafureino Moses, Chidinma Ifekauche, Eugene Uwiringiyimana, O’Donnell Sylvester, Musa Neksumi, Victoria F. Adams, Bolade O. Agboola, Linus N. Okoro, Obioma Uche, and Wan Jin Jahng. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 8, Issue 4, April-2017.
- Synthesis and Analysis of Biodiesel from Oils of Luffa cylindrical Seeds, Hyphaene thebaica Seeds and Palm Kernel. Adedoyinsola Adebayo,*Linus N. Okoro, Bolade Agboola, Wan Jin Jahng, Muhammad Yahya. Research Journal of Chemical and Environmental Sciences Vol 4 Issue 6 2016.
- Comparative Supercapacitive Properties of Asymmetry Two Electrode Coin Type Supercapacitor Cells made from MWCNTS/Cobalt Oxide and MWCNTs/Iron Oxide Nanocomposite. John A.O. Oyekunle, Oluwafemi S. Oluwatobi, Joel N. Lekitima Abolanle S. Adekunle, Bolade O. Agboola, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Eno E. Ebenso. Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 10 (2015) 3414 - 3430.
- Crude Oil Fractions in the Environment: A Comparative Study of Agbada Community in Rivers State and American University of Nigeria Community in Yola, Adamawa State of Nigeria. Ahmed Atta, Linus N. Okoro, Bolade Agboola, Wan Jin Jahng, Muhammad Yahya, Joshua Awoke. Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 9 (2015) 72-82
- Synthesis of C5-C22 Hydrocarbon Fuel From Ethylene-Based Polymers. Chikaodili Chukwuneke, O’Donnell Sylvester, Karri Kubor, Salem Lagre, Jay Siebert, Obioma Uche, Bolade Agboola, Linus Okoro, and Wan Jin Jahng, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 8, August-2014.
- MWCNTs/Metal (Ni, Co, Fe) oxide nanocomposite as potential material for supercapacitors application in acidic and neutral media. Abolanle S. Adekunle, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Bolade O. Agboola. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 2013, Volume 17, Issue 5, pp 1311-1320.
- Voltammetric and Impedance studies of Phenols and Its Derivatives at Carbon Nanotubes/Prussian Blue Films Platinum Modified Electrode. Abolanle S. Adekunle, Omotayo A. Arotiba, Bolade O. Agboola, Nobanathi W. Maxakato, Bhekie B. Mamba. International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 7 (2012) 8035 - 8051.
- Electrocatalytic properties of prussian blue nanoparticles supported on poly(m-aminobenzenesulfonic acid)–functionalized single-walled carbon nanotubes toward the detection of dopamine. Abolanle S. Adekunle, Abdullahi M. Farah, Jeseelan Pillay, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Bhekie B. Mamba and Bolade O. Agboola. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 95 (2012) 186– 194.
- Anion exchange membrane based on alkali doped poly(2,5-benzimidazole) for fuel cell. Hongze Luo, Guntars Vaivars, Bolade Agboola, Shichun Mu, Mkhulu Mathe, Solid State Ionics 208 (2012) 52-55.
- Supercapacitive properties of symmetry and the asymmetry two electrode coin type supercapacitor cells made from MWCNTS/nickel oxide nanocomposite. Abolanle S. Adekunle, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Bhekie B. Mamba, Bolade O. Agboola, Oluwafemi S. Oluwatobi, International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 6 (2011) 4760-4774.
- Nitrite electrochemical sensor based on Prussian blue/single-walled carbon nanotubes modified pyrolytic graphite electrode. Abolanle S. Adekunle, Bhekie B. Mamba, Bolade O. Agboola, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 6 (2011) 4388-4403.
- Electrochemical characterisation of mixed self-assembled films of water-soluble single-walled carbon nanotube-poly(m-aminobenzene sulfonic acid) and iron(II)tetrasulfophthalocyanine. Bolade Agboola, Jesselan Pillay, Katlego Makgopa and Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 157 11 F159-F166 (2010).
- Electrocatalytic detection of dopamine at single wall carbon nanotubes-iron (III) oxide nanoparticle platform. Abolanle S. Adekunle, Bolade O. Agboola, Jeseelan Pillay and Kenneth I. Ozoemena. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 148 (2010) 93-102.
- Synergistic enhancement of supercapacitance upon integration of nickel (II) octa [(3,5-biscarboxylate)-phenoxy] phthalocyanine with SWCNT-phenylamine. Bolade O. Agboola and Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Journal of Power Sources 195 (2010) 3841–3848.
- Tuning the physico-electrochemical properties of novel cobalt (II) octa[(3,5-biscarboxylate)-phenoxy] phthalocyanine complex using phenylamine-functionalised SWCNTs. Bolade O. Agboola, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Tebello Nyokong, Takamitsu Fukuda and Nagao Kobayashi, Carbon 48 (2010) 763–773.
- Nickel (II) tetra-aminophthalocyanine modified MWCNTs as potential nanocomposite materials for the development of supercapacitors Alfred T. Chidembo, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Bolade O. Agboola, Vinay Gupta, Gregory G. Wildgoose and Richard G. Compton. Energy Environ. Sci., 2010, 3, 228-236
- Electrochemistry of 2-dimethylaminoethanethiol SAM on gold electrode: Interaction with SWCNT-poly(m-aminobenzene sulphonic acid), electric field-induced protonation-deprotonation, and surface pKa. Jesselan Pillay, Bolade Agboola and Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Electrochem. Communs. 11 (2009) 1292-1296.
- Electrocatalytic properties of electrodeposited-cobalt tetrasulphonated phthalocyanines-multi walled carbon nanotubes modified glassy carbon electrode. Bolade O. Agboola, Sibulelo Vilakazi and Kenneth I. Ozoemena, J Solid State Electrochem, 2009, 13, 1367-1379.
- Nanostructured cobalt phthalocyanine single-walled carbon nanotube platform: electron transport and electrocatalytic activity on epinephrine. Bolade O. Agboola, Jessellan Pillay, Alfred Mocheko and Kenneth I. Ozoemena J. Porphyrins Phthalocyanines 2008; 12: 1289-1299.
- Efficient electrocatalytic detection of epinephrine at gold electrodes modified with self-assembled metallo-octacarboxy phthalocyanine complexes. Bolade O. Agboola and Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Electroanalysis 20, 2008, No. 15, 1696-1707.
- Self-assembly and electron transfer properties of metallo-octacarboxy phthalocyanine complexes on gold electrode. Bolade O. Agboola and Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics (PCCP), 10, (2008) 2399-2408.
- Electro-oxidation of chlorophenols by electropolymerised nickel (II) tetrakis benzylmercapto and dodecylmercapto metallophthalocyanines complexes on gold electrodes. Bolade Agboola and Tebello Nyokong, Electrochim. Acta, 52 (2007) 5039-5045.
- Comparative electro-oxidation of nitrite by electropolymerised Co(II), Fe(II) and Mn(III) tetrakis benzylmercapto and dodecylmercapto metallophthalocyanines on gold electrodes. Bolade Agboola and Tebello Nyokong, Anal. Chim. Acta, 587 (2007) 116-123.
- Comparative electro-oxidation of sulphite by self assembled monolayers (SAMs) of Co(II), Fe(II), Ni(II) and Mn(III) tetrakis benzylmercapto and dodecylmercapto metallophthalocyanines complexes on gold electrodes. Bolade Agboola and Tebello Nyokong, Talanta, 72 (2007) 691-698.
- Voltammetric characterisation of the self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) of benzyl- and dodecyl-mercapto tetra substituted metallophthalocyanines complexes. Bolade Agboola, Philippe Westbroek, Kenneth I. Ozoemena and T. Nyokong, Electrochem. Communs., 9 (2007) 310-316.
- Synthesis and electrochemical properties of benzyl-mercapto and dodecyl-mercapto tetrasubstituted manganese phthalocyanine complexes. Bolade Agboola, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Philippe Westbroek and T. Nyokong, Electrochim. Acta, 52 (2007) 2520-2526.
- Electrochemical properties of benzyl mercapto and dodecylmercapto tetra substituted nickel complexes: electrocatalytic oxidation of nitrite. Bolade O. Agboola, Kenneth I. Ozoemena and Tebello Nyokong, Electrochim. Acta, 51 (2006) 6470-6478.
- Synthesis and electrochemical characterisation of benzyl mercapto and dodecylmercapto tetra substituted cobalt, iron, and zinc phthalocyanines complexes. Bolade Agboola, Kenneth I. Ozoemena and Tebello Nyokong, Electrochim. Acta, 51 (2006) 4379-4387.
- Comparative efficiency of immobilized non-transition metal phthalocyanine photosensitisers for the visible light transformation of chlorophenols. Bolade Agboola, Kenneth I. Ozoemena and Tebello Nyokong, J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem., 248 (2006) 84-92.
- Hydrogen peroxide oxidation of 2-chlorophenol and 2,4,5 trichlorophenol catalysed by monomeric and aggregated cobalt tetrasulphophthalocyanine. Bolade Agboola, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Tebello Nyokong, J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem., 27 (2005) 209-216.