Abubakar Sadiq Hussaini, MSc, Ph.D.; Head of Programmes/Director at Commonwealth ITU Group (CIG), UK, actively participating in the ITU activities of the Radiocommunication, Telecommunication Standardization, and the Telecommunication Development Sections. Member, Board of Trustees/Lead-STI (Science, Technology, Innovation), IYA PATU Health Foundation. He is Senior Researcher and project development manager with the 4TELL research group at Instituto de Telecomunicações, Aveiro, Portugal; Visiting Researcher at University of Bradford, UK;
He was a visiting Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer at the Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Nigeria; He was Microwave Radio Transmission Operations & Maintenance Senior Engineer with Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (NITEL), Abuja, Nigeria. (10years); Nominated by the Nigerian Government to Vie for the Post of Secretary-General of the African Telecommunications Union (ATU) in August 2018 – (Nigeria’s Candidate for the position of “Secretary-General, African Telecommunications Union (ATU)” - 2018). A key player in the processes/activities leading to the National Universities Commission (NUC's) Resource Visitation and Subsequent Approval for the New Engineering Programs at American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola – July 2019.
Coordinated and led the successful National Universities Commission (NUC's) re-accreditation of all Programs of School of IT & Computing (SITC), at the American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola – November 2018. Built a large ecosystem around FD-SOI in Europe – 2018. Developed architecture and technologies for implementing agile radio frequency (RF) transceiver capacities for future radio communication products. He was Senate Committee of the University of Bradford, UK; received his Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from Bayero University, Kano in 2005; received his MSc in Radio Frequency Communication Engineering from the University of Bradford (UK) in 2007; and his Ph.D. in Telecommunications Engineering from University of Bradford, the UK in 2012.
He is a member of IEEE, IET, EFN, Optical Society of America; has contributed to numerous publications, and is involved in European and CELTIC research projects. His research interests include Radio Frequency System Design and High-Performance RF-MEMS Tunable Filters with specific emphasis on energy efficiency and linearity; Renewable Energy (wind, solar, hydropower, ocean energy, and geothermal), Smart Grid, Batteries, Electric Vehicles, Power Plants & Equipment; Robotics, Nanotechnology, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Embedded Systems, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Software Defined Radio, Cognitive Radio (CR), Radio Resource Management (RRM) and Optical Communications.
His achievements include the design of energy-efficient Power Amplifier at 3.5GHz (Mobile WiMAX Frequency); design of High-Performance RF-MEMS Tunable Filters with a tuning range from GSM 1.8GHZ to LTE 2.6GHz; design of Millimeter-Wave Antenna for 5G Applications; design and development of a “Radio over Fiber” optical transceivers (1550nm Wavelength) in which the frequency limitations of quantum well lasers indirect RF to Light transponding was investigated. Successfully attained several European projects, amongst the projects are MOBILIA (2009-2011), ARTEMOS (2011-2014), CORTIF (2014-2016), THINGS2DO (2014-2018), and 5GWAR (2019-2021). Have participated actively in events, conferences, and seminars organized by the Information Society Technology (IST) research program, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), and European Nano Electronics Forum. He participated in several annual European project reviews. His collective role is to defend the project objectives and results to a panel of examiners that are considered European experts in their respective technical field.
He served as a workshop organizer and a workshop chair. He is a TPC member and reviewer for many international conferences and journals. He is a guest editor for an IET Science, Measurement & Technology special issue, a guest editor for Hindawi Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal, and a guest editor for MDPI Electronics Engineering Journal -"Microwave and Wireless Communications".
- Providing solutions for growing technology and integration challenges from Radio Frequency front-end perspective including environmentally friendly Power Amplifiers, RF MEMS Filters, Wideband Antennas, and Millimeter Wave Antenna for 5G Applications
- Wireless Communication Systems and Satellite Communications interests include Radio Frequency System Design and High-Performance RF-MEMS Tunable Filters for legacy Mobile (3GPP UMTS, IEEE 802.11e, IEEE 802.16e, LTE - A, 4G, 5G and 6G ), and Satellite communications with specific emphasis on energy efficiency and linearity
- Mobile Communications
- Data Communication and Networking
- Professional & Engineering Ethics
- Elfergani, A. Hussaini, J. Rodriguez, R. Abd-Alhameed, Antenna Fundamentals for Legacy Mobile Applications and Beyond, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, 2018.
- Book Chapters:
- Elfergani, A. Hussaini, A. Abdalla, J. Rodriguez, R. Abd-Alhameed, Design of MMwave Antenna for 5G Applications, Chapter in, Optical and Wireless Convergence for 5G Networks, John Wiley & Sons, London, 2019. ISBN: 978-1-119-49158-3.
- Elfergani, A. Hussaini, J. Rodriguez, Fundamentals of Antenna Design, Technologies and Applications, Chapter 1 in, Antenna Fundamentals for Legacy Mobile Applications and Beyond, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, 2018. PP. 3-36. ISBN 978-3-319-63967-3.
- Elfergani, A. Hussaini, J. Rodriguez, Performance of Dual-Band Balanced Antenna Structure for LTE Applications, Chapter 13 in, Antenna Fundamentals for Legacy Mobile Applications and Beyond, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, 2018. PP. 245-262. ISBN 978-3-319-63967-3.
A. Mohammed, A. S. Hussaini, I. M. Danjuma, Y. I. Abdulraheem, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, G. Oguntala, N. N. Eya, and F. El-Negri, " Distortion level approximation of Linear and Nonlinear RF Power Amplifier over OFDM System," in International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), vol. 7, issue 11, 2018, pp. 58-69.
A. Mohammed, A. S. Hussaini, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, I. M. Danjuma, A. S. Asharaa, I. T. E. Elfergani, and J. Rodriguez, "Towards A 15.5W Si- LDMOS Energy Efficient Balanced RF Power Amplifier for 5G-LTE Multi-Carrier Applications," in EAI Endorsed Transactions on Creative Technologies (EAI-EU), vol. 5, issue 15, 2018.
A. Mohammed, I. M. Danjuma, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, N. A. Abduljabbar, A. S. Hussaini, and I. T. E. Elfergani, "A Dynamic Imbalanced Load Modulation Approach To Design and Implement an Energy Efficient RF Power Amplifier," in International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), vol. 7, issue 4, 2018, pp. 53-58.
Wisdom Anuhu, A. S. Hussaini1, I.T.E. Elfergani, B. A. Mohammed, A. Salisu, R.A. Abd-Alhameed, J. Rodriguez “Design of a Millimeter-Wave Microstrip Patch Antenna using 52GHz for Mobile Communication” International Multi-Disciplinary Conference Theme: “Sustainable Development and Smart Planning”, April 8-10, 2020, Antalya, Turkey, SDSP-14-052.
Salisu, A. S. Hussaini, I.T.E. Elfergani, B. A. Mohammed, Wisdom Anuhu, R.A. Abd-Alhameed, J. Rodriguez “Dual Band Microstrip Patch Array Antenna for LTE Applications in Malaysia” International Multi-Disciplinary Conference Theme: “Sustainable Development and Smart Planning”, April 8-10, 2020, Antalya, Turkey, SDSP-14-051.
Abdulaziz Maiwada, A. S. Hussaini, B. A. Mohammed, I.T.E. Elfergani, R.A. Abd-Alhameed, J. Rodriguez “Satellite Communication Applications – An Essential Component to Aeronautical Safety in the Upper Airspace Communication” International Multi-Disciplinary Conference Theme: “Sustainable Development and Smart Planning”, April 8-10, 2020, Antalya, Turkey, SDSP-14-053.
Maryam Sajedin, Issa Elfergani, Abubakar Sadiq Hussaini, Jonathan Rodriguez, Ayman Radwan, Raed Abd-Alhameed “Design of Asymmetrical Doherty GaN HEMT Power Amplifiers for 4G Applications” the 9th International Conference on Broadband Communications, Networks, and Systems (BROADNETS19), September 19-21, 2018. Faro, Portugal.
- Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Optical Society of America (OSA)
- Engineering Forum of Nigerians (UK)