- Hits: 0 Colbert’s visit ‘ll spur positive policies in education – Ensign
The President, American University of Nigeria (AUN), Professor Margee Ensign, has said that the visit of internationally known and award-winning educator, Ms. Victoria Colbert, to Yola, the Adamawa State capital and seat of AUN, will spur positive policies in the area of education.
- Hits: 0 ‘My miraculous survival of Boko Haram attack’
It sounds like a movie story but it isn’t. Abubakar Umar, who has just graduated in Petroleum Chemistry from the American University of Nigeria (AUN) in Yola, the Adamawa State capital, was shot thrice by Boko Haram insurgents. - THE NATION
- Hits: 0 Only the brave and desperate return to town freed from Boko Haram
Spent bullets crunch underfoot, a raided bank lies in ruins and burned out cars and motorbikes dot the streets. Michika may now be free from Boko Haram but the town in the remote north of Nigeria's Adamawa state is eerily quiet and signs of the militants' presence are everywhere. - DAILY MAIL
- Hits: 0 Escaped Chibok students offer help to freed Boko Haram hostages
Yola (Nigeria) (AFP) - Deborah knows just what to say to the 275 women and children who were held hostage by Boko Haram and rescued recently by the Nigerian military. - YAHOO NEWS
- Hits: 0 Mental horror lingers for freed Boko Haram hostages
Fleeing Boko Haram fighters left the hundreds of women and children they captured to their fate in the bush as Nigerian soldiers closed in last week. Many survived but others weren't so lucky. - DAILY MAIL
- Hits: 0 Nigerian student defies odds to graduate after Boko Haram attack
Yola (Nigeria) (AFP) - Dressed in a red and blue gown and mortar board, Abubakar Umar collected his degree on Saturday looking like just another proud student.- YAHOO NEWS
- Hits: 0 At AUN, we apply knowledge to solve societal problems – Osuagwu
Linus Osuagwu, professor of Marketing, is the dean, School of Business & Entrepreneurship, American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola, Adamawa State.- BUSINESS DAY
- Hits: 0 Road to Reconstruction
With more displaced people expressing willingness to return to their liberated communities which were once under the grip of Boko Haram militants, American University of Nigeria, through its Adamawa Peace Initiative, is mobilising support for the reconstruction of these communities. - THISDAY
- Hits: 0 American Fights to Secure Education for Nigerians
In the year since Boko Haram terrorists abducted more than 250 Nigerian schoolgirls, security has been an overriding concern for Margee Ensign. - VOICE OF AMERICA
- Hits: 0 Atiku Centre Lecture Series: APC manifesto in light of current economic realities – Chioke
Originally, the lecture was billed to centre on the role of investment banks in developing economy, with Nigeria as a case study, but the American University of Nigeria (AUN) organizers of the 4th Atiku Centre Lecture Series believed that setting some agenda for the incoming administration of Muhammadu Buhari would be worth the while instead, hence, the topic, ‘Review of APC manifesto in context with current economic realities.’ - BUSINESS DAY
- Hits: 0 Former Columbia vice-minister of education is AUN’s 7th commencement speaker
The American University of Nigeria has announced that this year’s Commencement Speaker is Vicky Colbert, a former Vice-Minister of education of Colombia and UNICEF Regional Education Adviser for the LAC Region.
- Hits: 0 “Next” PSA Kicks Off Effort to Feed Thousands of Child Victims of Boko Haram
The American University of Nigeria Foundation (AUNF) today launched a public service announcement (PSA) to highlight the slaughter of innocent children, women and men in Nigeria and to help feed the hundreds of thousands of displaced and orphaned children who are left behind in the wake of Boko Haram’s violence. - PRWEB
- Hits: 0 Nigeria: Needs in the Northeast - an Appeal to the President-Elect
"We are jubilating", said one of our AUN employees. Indeed much of Nigeria, the continent, and the world were celebrating along with Nigeria. The peaceful transition to a new administration not only ensured the stability and growth of Nigeria's democratic system, but sets a shining example for the rest of the world. Nigerians should be very proud. - PREMIUM TIMES
- Hits: 0 AUN begins fresh admissions into MSc, PhD programmes
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) has resumed admissions for qualified candidates seeking graduate degrees and diploma in the School of Business & Entrepreneurship (SBE).
- Hits: 0 AUN brightens graduates’ chance of employment
The possibility of graduates of the American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State to easily secure jobs received boost recently, as the institution said it would sustain and improve on a platform that has brought its products directly in contact with employers for eight years. - NATIONAL MIRROR
- Hits: 0 AUN Gets NUC Accreditation for MSc/PhD In Computer Science, Information Systems
The American University of Nigeria has received approval from the National Universities Commission to offer PhD and Master’s courses in Information Systems and Computer Science beginning in the 2015/16 academic session.
- Hits: 0 Rampaging Fulani herdsmen: The looming tragedy
There is no love lost between farmers and herdsmen in many parts of the country. For quite some time now, the media have been inundated with reports of conflict after conflict between farmers and herdsmen in different parts of the country and at the end of the day, several innocent lives are lost, farms and cattle destroyed.
- Hits: 0 Girl who escaped Boko Haram calls for forgiveness, says 'they don't know what they're doing'
Almost a year ago more than 250 girls were captured by Boko Haram from a school in Chibok village, in north-eastern Nigeria.
- Hits: 0 Norwegian envoy to speak at AUN lecture
The Norwegian Ambassador to Nigeria, Rolf Ree, will deliver the American University of Nigeria Diplomatic Lecture Series on March 19. - THE PUNCH
- Hits: 0 AUN feeds 270,000 IDPS, plans to do more – President
Since the AUN and Adamawa Peace Makers Initiative took relief materials to IDPs to Mubi and environs, the university has followed up in rallying relief materials and much needed food and aid through local organisations to families and neighbourhoods around Yola, Jimeta, Vinukuland, Sangare, Bole, Damare and every other part of Adamawa State. - THE EAGLE