The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor of Environmental Sciences. This position is a local one open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria and expatriate.
Title: Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor of Environmental Sciences
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Opening Date: 29th June, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Position is Filled
Summary of position:
AUN is seeking a motivated Assistant/Associate/full Professor of Environmental Sciences in the Department of Natural and Environmental Sciences. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching, research and community service as may be requested by the Dean. The candidate will contribute to preparing students to be applied and practical, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching and research. S/he will work closely with the Chair of the Natural and Environmental Sciences Program and the Dean of the school of Arts & Science to deliver effective teaching and learning in line with the program philosophy and the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria. Asides the teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate is also expected to mentor students and to contribute to the department’s administration and scholarly work by carrying out and disseminating high quality research.
The post holder will be required to instruct environmental science courses, both introductory and advanced levels, including advanced courses related to his or her area of expertise. The successful candidate will have a PhD in Environmental Sciences or a related discipline and an established, or potential to establish, record of excellence in teaching, research, and service.
Candidates should possess a strong record of academic publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals, commensurate with career stage. International experience is preferred.
Strong written and verbal communication, and, interpersonal skills are required. The right candidate must also have a strong command of English.
Requirements for the position:
- PhD in Environmental Sciences or a related discipline
- An outstanding teaching and research record commensurate with career stage.
- Experience in developing and delivering a problem centered approach to teaching and learning.
- Record of publishing in relevant reputable journals.
- Experience of developing research proposals for externally funded projects.
- Experience in American style of higher education
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Environmental Policy and Risk Management, Environmental Risk Assessment, Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental and Occupational Health, and Environmental Chemistry.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Experience of working in Africa
- Experience of curriculum development
- Record of applying for and obtaining research grants
- Experience of organizing conferences and workshops
Description of Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience and conforms to the existing conditions of employment at AUN.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letters highlighting their qualifications and experience to email@example.com. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity and non-discriminatory employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng
Starting Date: Starting date for the position is August 2017. If you wish to make any informal inquiry on this vacancy please contact Dr. Hayatu Raji, Chair of Natural & Environmental Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dean Jacob at email@example.com