We try to make applying to AUN as flexible and straightforward as possible.
For any queries about the application process, please contact the Admission Team:
UNDERGRADUATE: (+234) 805-200-2962 or email@example.com.
GRADUATE: (+234) 0705-449-2275 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The American University of Nigeria places great emphasis on excellence. Just as it strives to build the finest academic programs in Africa, it also strives to admit the very best students from Nigeria, West Africa and around the world. Accordingly, admissions are selective and candidates are admitted solely based on their academic qualifications.
To find out more, use the links below:
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- B.Sc. Communications and Multimedia
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.A. English Literature and Language
- B.Sc. Finance
- B.Sc. Information Systems
- B.A. International and Comparative Politics
- B.Sc. Natural and Environmental Sciences
- B.Sc. Petroleum Chemistry
- B.Sc. Management/ Entrepreneurship
- B.Sc. Marketing
- B.Sc. Software Engineering
- B.Sc. Telecommunications & Wireless Technologies
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB Honors)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MSc Business Administration
- PhD Business Administration
- Executive Masters in Information and Communication Science
- Executive Masters in Telecommunications & Wireless Technology
- Master of Information Systems Security Management
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Information Systems
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Information Systems
- Africa’s premier development university
- America-style education
- Vibrant campus and student life
- Educated to become Nigeria’s and Africa‘s future leaders
- Center of academic excellence
- Exchange programs
- Scholarship opportunities
- School at home, study abroad
- Leader in IT and business innovation
- Career advising and job support
To apply as a visiting student, the student submits a visiting student application, an official transcript or other formal record of the student's post-secondary work and a letter from the student's home institution confirming that the student is in good standing.
Download visiting student application form (pdf - 54Kb)
Non-native speakers of English who have not studied at institutions in which English is the language of instruction must provide TOEFL scores.
Undergraduate students at American University of Nigeria (AUN) come from different countries of the world. Students are accepted either for fresh enrollment or on transfer from any part of the world.
For admission into all Undergraduate Programs at AUN, interested applicants should complete the online application form or send a filled hard copy application via email: email@example.com.
International applicants are required to submit the following documents online before arriving the AUN Campus.
Required Application Documents:
- End of High/Secondary School External Examination Grades; IGCSE, SSCE or the equivalent.
- Copies of applicant’s High/Secondary School transcripts for the last three years. Transfer applicants need to submit undergraduate transcripts and course description.
- A Letter of Recommendation/Attestation from the high/secondary school attended.
- A Personal Statement (Essay) about why the applicant chose AUN and what his/her future ambitions are.
- A photocopy of ID card, Valid Passport & appropriate Visa for International students (picture page).
- Four personal Passport Photographs.
Travel & Residency Requirements
Prospective enrollees MUST fulfill the following requirements before embarking on any study travel to American University of Nigeria in Yola:
1. Possess a valid national passport of their home countries;
2. Secure valid travel visas that transcend the duration of their study period in Nigeria;
3. On arrival at AUN, both travel documents must be presented and surrendered to the Office of the Provost at AUN or his designated representative;
4. Potential enrollees with passports and visas that have less than six months to expire must present evidence that such documents can be renewed automatically without interrupting their study period;
5. Such evidence must include but not limited to written commitments from the embassies of their home countries in Nigeria.
6. Prospective students are encouraged to reside on campus as adequate hostel accommodation is available and will be allocated on completion of housing fee payment.
7. Advanced booking for housing can be made with the Bursar at firstname.lastname@example.org
• An AUN Admission Committee will review completed applications only.
• Applicants are advised to retain original copies of their academic documents for future use, as AUN does not return any of the submitted documents once registration is completed.
• Candidates are also advised to keep copies of their travel documents before surrendering them to AUN upon enrollment.
Transfer credits are evaluated by the Registrar's Office, in consultation with the appropriate Deans prior to AUN enrollment. Grades earned in courses accepted for transfer will not be included in the GPA of the student at AUN. However, the credits earned will be counted towards the total number required for graduation and only courses where students earned a grade of 'C-' or higher will be considered for transfer to AUN.
A maximum of 60 credit hours from accredited institutions of higher learning may be accepted and used to satisfy major and general education requirements. All students who have completed 2 years or more or have completed 60 transferable credit hours and above from an accredited university with a CGPA of 2.0/4.0 or higher OR 2.5/5.0 or higher will be admitted without having to present the University with any high school or examination documentation.
Students who do not meet the above-mentioned criteria must apply with their high school credentials. AUN reserves the right to deny credit for any courses taken at other institutions for any reason. Courses taken more than 10 years prior to acceptance will require additional review.
Only those courses that are comparable to AUN courses in content and rigor may be approved for transfer. For students transferring credits from a university on a quarter system, may receive 2/3 of an AUN credit hour for each quarter hour earned. For example, four quarter hours from a transfer institution equals 2.67 credit hours at AUN.
AUN may allow a maximum of 12 credits to transfer that are recorded on a pass/fail basis.