- Maintain financial records of all the University’s assets and liabilities
- Treasury functions
- Fixed Assets records and Auxiliary activities
- Ensures complete and accurate accounting of all transactions
- Provides support to ensure audits are carried out in a timely manner
- Centralized purchase and procurement processes, administration and controls
- Strategic sourcing and management of vendors relationship for goods and services
- Negotiations and contract services
- Risk management for University properties and group life insurance
- Oversees all student accounts, scholarships, exemptions, rebates and student billing
- Develops and implements strategies and procedures to ensure the prompt billing and timely collection of payments from tuition and fees.
- Interface with parents and corporate organizations for payments of tuition and other related students fees
- The budget office develops university budgets, budget analyses, budget proposals, revenue forecast, allocation of monies and fund monitoring. It trains departmental budget officers on the management of their respective budgets and coordinates personnel activities and cost centers budgets.
- Payroll department ensures accurate and timely disbursement of employee salaries and other related compensation on monthly basis, in line with existing policies. It ensures that statutory withholdings are remitted on a timely basis to the relevant authorities and manages the Payroll accounting in the books of account for the university.
- The Accounting control unit sees to the implementation of the Finance Policies and Procedures, internal controls and expenditure control for the university. The unit reviews periodic reports and make strategic recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer.
- AUN Stores is responsible for ordering, inspecting, receiving, storing, issuing/distribution of the supplies/consumables used within the university. The office also keeps records of the store inventory and transactions as regards to what was received, returned or distributed.