Faculty & Staff
Babatunde Samuel Ogunleye
Instructor, Communication Systems
PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Dr. Babatunde Ogunleye has been a lecturer at the American University of Nigeria for over 7 years. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Information Communcation Technolgy from the Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria; a Masters in Wireless Communication Systems from the Brunel University, London, UK and a PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Cape Town, South Africa. His area of specilization is in wireless broadband communcation technologies which includes: GSM, GPRS, EGDE, UMTS, WLAN, HSPA+, WiMAX & LTE. He also specilizes in network design and modelling as well as frequency spectrum virtualization and network federation.
- Programming Logic and Design (using Java, Ruby and Visual Basic)
- Introduction to computer Science
- Principles of information systems
- LAN Administration
- Introduction to Software Applications (MS Office Suite)
- Computer Organization & Architecture
- Software Engineering Professional Ethics
- Technical Report Writing
- Introduction to Broadband Wireless Networks
- Fundamentals of Wireless Communication
- TCP/IP & Security
- Telecommunications Management and Control
- Advances in Communication Networks
- Network and Spectrum Virtualization
- Internet of Things (IoT) solutions using Arduino microcontrollers
- Design and optimization of Wireless 4G networks
- Digital modulation schemes and their applications in wireless technologies.
- IEEE Communications Society
- Babatunde S. Ogunleye and Alexandru Murgu, “WiMAX Network Federation Using Spectrum Virtualization”, 13th IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, 9-11 October 2017, Rome, Italy.
- Babatunde S. Ogunleye and Alexandru Murgu, “A Novel Model for WiMAX Frequency Spectrum Virtualization and Network Federation.”, Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, Vol. 141, Springer 2015, ISBN: 978-3-319-16291-1.
- Ferdinand Che, Fardeen Dodo, Babatunde Ogunleye and Jennifer Che, “ICTs as enablers in the adaptation of PGS: a participatory system for socio-economic empowerment of rural smallholder farmers in Adamawa.” AMCIS Conference Proceedings, June 2014, ISBN: 978-0-692-25320-5
- Oborkhale L. I, .Ogundapo E.O , Ogunleye S. B. and Aighokan “Digital Home: The state of Telecoms Infrastructure in Nigeria”, International Conference on research and development, Volume 9 Number 4, pages 27-34, Lome Togo,13 -16, May 2013
- Ogundapo Olusegun, Oborkhale Lawrence, Ogunleye Babatunde "Application of Feature Selective Validation to Propagation Path Loss Models for Wireless Cellular Networks ", Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2013 Vol II, WCE 2013, July 3 - 5, 2013, London, U.K.
- Babatunde S. Ogunleye, Lawrence Oborkhale, and Olusegun Ogundapo: Comparative Analysis of OFDM Sub-Carrier Modulation Using QPSK and π/4-QPSK. International Journal of Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 3, September 2012, ISSN: 2010-3743
- Ogundapo E.O., Oborkhale L.I. and Ogunleye S.B.: Numerical Validation and Optimization of Path Loss Models for Wireless Cellular Mobile Network. Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering, Cape Town, South Africa, August 18-19, 2012.
- Ogundapo E.O., Oborkhale L.I. and Ogunleye S.B.: Comparative Study of Path Loss Models for Wireless Mobile Network Planning. A journal publication in the International Journal of Engineering and Mathematical Intelligence, Volume 2, Number 3, 2011. ISSN: 2276-8815.