Faculty & Staff
Abiodun Sherifat Isiaka
Instructor of Accounting
M.A (Economics), MBA (Finance), FCCA (UK); ACA (Nigeria); CPA, CGA (Canada)
Abiodun joined the doctoral program at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario Canada in September 2012 and anticipates completing her PhD in Management (Accounting) in 2017. She has a Masters degree in Economics from University at Buffalo, The State University of New York (2012) and a Masters in Business Administration (Finance) from University of Houston- Victoria, Texas (2010).
Abiodun has over 10 years professional experience in auditing, financial accounting and reporting, financial controls and taxation. She trained as an Accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Nigeria and has worked with Shell Nigeria Oil Products Ltd as a General Accountant and Financial Controller.
Abiodun is a fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountant, an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, and an associate of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario.
She is affiliated with the Canadian Academic Accounting Association (CAAA), the American Accounting Association (AAA), and the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society.
- ACC 410 Auditing
- ACC 201 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- ACC 202 Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting
- ACC 403 International Accounting
- Empirical accounting research relating to:
- Capital market consequences of financial accounting and disclosure
- Corporate Governance
- Fellow, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- Associate, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ACA)
- Associate, Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA,CGA)
- Corporate Governance and Firm Performance: Canadian Evidence - Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2538891 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2538891
- Three Essays on Risk Factor Disclosures (Job Market Paper)