Faculty & Staff
Hayatu Raji Muhammad
Assistant Professor, Natural & Environmental Sciences
DPhil, University of Sussex, UK
From Adamawa State Nigeria, Dr Hayatu Raji earned his DPhil in Biochemistry (Molecular Biology & Yeast Genetics) from the University of Sussex, UK. Before joining AUN in 2010, he was a Post-Doc Scientist at Oxford University UK. Dr Raji has a Master degree in Genetic Manipuation & Molecular Cell Biology, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Anatomy.
His research interests revolves around investigating the role of the MRN complex in centromere silencing. He also has research interest in the mechanisms of antibiotic resistance in bacteria.
- Introduction to Biology I & II
- Molecular Genetics
- Human Genetics
- Introduction to Biotechnology
- Animal Form and Function
- Exploring Life
- Introduction to Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Environmental Toxicology
- Senior Research Project II
DNA damage & repair, cell cycle checkpoints, bacteriology, biotechnology, public health.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- O’Donnell Sylvester, Chikaodili Chukwuneke, Amina Sali, Muhammad Yahaya, Raji Hayatu, Bolade Agboola, Obioma Uche, Linus Okoro, and Wan Jin Jahng- Biofuel Production from Balanite Aegyptiaca and Azadirachta Indica Seeds. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 10, 2014
- Raji, H. and Hartsuiker, E. – (2006) Double-strand break repair and homologous recombination in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. 23: 963-976. Yeast